TheHungryJPEG LICENSE ("License")
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS IS AN ABSOLUTE CONDITION OF YOUR USE OF ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OF THEHUNGRYJPEG.
This License is an agreement between Inmagine Lab Pte. Ltd. ("TheHungryJPEG") conducting business or transactions through and as THEHUNGRYJPEG.COM (“the Site”) and the user ("You") who downloads Content (as defined below) from any of the Site. You may not allow anyone else to use your username or password. Each use/activity/transaction originating from Your username/account will be attributed to and, be held responsible by You, regardless of whether such use/activity/transaction was known to or approved by You. You must not use any automated means to access, log-in or register accounts on the Site.
You understand that the Content is copyrighted and may be owned by a third party, partner/contributor or supplier, and any unauthorised use by You may be an infringement of such copyright. We reserve the right to amend, change, alter, substitute or otherwise modify the terms and conditions of this Agreement (and other terms and conditions, guidelines or policies at the Site) at any time ("Update"). Each Update will be dated and indicated on the Site, and such indication shall serve as effective notification to You. Continued (i) download of Content from the Site (or receipt of Content from TheHungryJPEG or its approved affiliates, upon request); or (ii) registration of user account, after two (2) weeks of such Update will constitute your unconditional acceptance of the Update.
If You are purchasing on behalf of a licensee ("Licensee"), You hereby represent and warrant that You are authorized to act on behalf of such Licensee and have full authority to bind the Licensee to this Agreement. If the Licensee fails to abide by the Agreement, You shall be personally and fully liable on a joint and several basis for such failure and any resulting damage or claim. For the purpose of this Agreement, all terms and conditions of the Agreement as applicable to You shall apply equally to the Licensee (as the case may be).
- TheHungryJPEG represents to the best of its knowledge that it owns all rights or has all requisite authority, including all copyrights, in and to the Content or, is authorized to license the Content under the terms and conditions of this Agreement; provided, however, that such representation will be deemed inapplicable with regards to Content which is found to be subject to the ownership or rights of any third party (other than TheHungryJPEG) without the reasonable knowledge or fault of TheHungryJPEG. The copyright and all other rights of the Content shall remain with TheHungryJPEG and its suppliers respectively. However such representation will be deemed inapplicable with regards to Content which does not carry the corresponding model / property release in relation to the Content which prevents the Content from the intended use.
TheHungryJPEG and the Content are made available to you "AS IS", "AS AVAILABLE", and "WITH ALL FAULTS". TheHungryJPEG, its employees, directors, and officers, and anyone else associated with TheHungryJPEG disclaims, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any and all warranties, express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, or that your usage of TheHungryJPEG will be uninterrupted, error free of computer viruses or other damaging materials. When you access and acquire Content you do so at your own risk. TheHungryJPEG, its employees and officers, and anyone else acting on behalf of TheHungryJPEG also disclaims any and all common-law duties, including without limitation duties of reasonable care and workmanlike effort. TheHungryJPEG, its employees, directors, and officers, and anyone acting on behalf of TheHungryJPEG make no representation or warranty as to your right to use any individual's name, likeness, and/or image appearing in the Content without first obtaining appropriate rights from such individual.
- You understand and acknowledge that neither TheHungryJPEG, its employees, directors, and officers, nor anyone acting on behalf of the Site has made any representation or warranty that Your use of Content will not infringe or violate the intellectual property rights of any third party, or constitute a false designation of origin or any other form of unfair competition, and
- You understand that You should seek competent counsel before using Content on or in connection with any goods or services or for any other commercial purposes.
Licensee Representation - You represent and warrant that:
- You are at least the legal age of your country of residenceand have the right to enter into this License.
- You will not use the Content in any way that is not permitted by this License.
- Your use of Content will not violate any applicable law or regulation of any country, state or other governmental entity.
- Information You provide to TheHungryJPEG is accurate and true, including, without limitation, all payment and billing information.
- Except as otherwise stated in this License, any account(s) opened or maintained by You on the Site will only be accessed and used by You for the purposes and on terms stipulated in this License.
Subject to the terms herein, TheHungryJPEG grants You a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, non-transferable sub-license/license to use, Reproduce, modify, publish and display downloaded Content according to the terms and condition of this Agreement.
For the avoidance of doubt and clarity, in the event, if the Content is to be used by multiple users within your organisation then You shall purchase the Content based on how many users shall be using it. For example, if there are five (5) designers within your organization who wish to use the Content then You will be required to purchase five (5) of those Content thus obtaining five (5) individual licenses for the use of the Content by your respective designers.
Single User Account Only.
This Agreement only allows the creation and registration of a Single User Account. You may not allow anyone else to use Your username or password.
- "Content" is defined as fonts, craft / cut files, graphics or templates owned by TheHungryJPEG or its authorized contributors which have been made available on the Site.
- "Licensed Work" means the genuine end-product or end derivative work that has been created by or on behalf of You or Your client, using independent skill and effort and that incorporates the Content and other material, and which Content shall be inseparable (to the extent commercially and reasonably possible) from the Licensed Work to be standalone Content
- "Reproduce(d)" means any form of copying or publication of the whole or a part of any Content by whatever means (which includes distortion, alteration, cropping, editing, incorporation or manipulation of any part of the Content to create a finished derivative product (the Licensed Work).
- "Standalone Content" means the unaltered and unmodified Content in the original form downloaded from the Site, including the same Content at a different resolution.
You may subject to the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement, use the Content for commercial or personal use, subject to the following permitted usage.
- Unlimited projects with unlimited views/prints/sales.
- Fonts can be printed on physical products (such as t-shirt, mugs and shoes) with unlimited print run. Under the Commercial Use, such physical products can be sold.
- Fonts can be converted into graphics for re-sale, provided only flattened un-editable graphics are included. Secondly entire alphabetical letters (i.e. A to Z) and/or numerical digits (i.e. 0 to 9) should not be converted. Only quotes or expressions are allowed for conversion.
- You are not allowed to share, resell or distribute Fonts on a standalone basis or include Fonts in the sale of template products (e.g. a website theme or logo template).
- Fonts shall only be used as a design element of an End Product. Fonts shall not be installed, embedded or integrated in any software, program, application etc. E.g. installing our fonts into an application that allows You to select our Fonts to make Your own T-Shirt design is strictly prohibited.
- You may digitize Fonts for embroidery purpose provided that the entire alphabetical letters (i.e. A to Z) and/or numerical digits (i.e. 0 to 9) are not converted and only Fonts used in the form of quotes or expressions can be digitized.
- Fonts can be used for any Print On Demand (POD) sites, (e.g. Amazon, Zazzle, etc.) provided that the entire alphabetical letters (i.e. A to Z) and/or numerical digits (i.e. 0 to 9) are not converted.
- Unlimited projects with unlimited views/prints/sales.
- Graphics are referred to as non-cut or craft related files. E.g. a pack of 100 floral elements or a collection of cute animal illustrations.
- Graphics used to create End Products must be used with other design elements to create a distinctive new design that does not completely resemble the Graphic used. The original Graphic file used to create the End Product cannot be extracted or separated by the customer when the End Product is being sold to the customer via electronic means. The customer is only permitted to use the said End Product, but not the original Graphic file.
- Graphics cannot be converted into other formats (SVG, EPS etc.) and subsequently sold or distributed.
- You are not allowed to share, resell or distribute Graphics on a standalone basis or include Graphics in the sale of template products (e.g. a website theme or logo template).
- Graphics shall only be used as a design element of an End Product. Graphics shall not be installed, embedded or integrated in any software, program, application etc. E.g. installing our Graphics into an application that allows You to select our Graphics to make Your own T-Shirt design is strictly prohibited.
- Graphics can be uploaded to any Print On Demand (POD) sites, (e.g. Amazon, Zazzle, etc.) as long as it has been combined with other elements to create a significantly new design as a flattened end product.
- Patterns are allowed to be printed directly onto physical products without alteration.
- Patterns used to create digital End Products must be used with other design elements to create a distinctive new design that does not completely resemble the Pattern used. The original Pattern file used to create the End Product cannot be extracted or separated by the customer when the End Product is being sold to the customer via electronic means. The customer is only permitted to use the said End Product, but not the original Pattern file.
- Patterns cannot be converted into other formats (SVG, EPS etc.) and subsequently sold or distributed.
- You are not allowed to share, resell or distribute Pattern on a standalone basis or include Pattern in the sale of template products (e.g. a website theme or logo template).
- Patterns shall not be installed, embedded or integrated in any software, program, application etc. E.g. installing our patterns into an application that allows You to select our Pattern to make Your own T-Shirt design is strictly prohibited.
Craft / Cut Files
- 10 different types of End Products for each craft / cut file with unlimited prints. E.g. when the same Item is incorporated on a water bottle and a phone casing, we consider such usage as 2 distinct End Products.
- Further customisation for Your clients (i.e. personalise a birthday board, adding initials to a monogram frame) is not allowed.
- Craft / cut files are created purely for the end customer. Craft / cut files are not for designers to use as a design element to create a new End Product in digital form for sale.
- Craft / cut files used for End Products must be individually handmade and may not be used for mass production of End Products for large-scale commercial gain.
- Craft / cut files are not allowed to be used or uploaded to any Print On Demand (POD) sites, (e.g. Amazon, Zazzle, etc.).
- Craft / cut files cannot be converted into other formats (e.g. SVG, EPS, CSD, PES, JEF, XXX etc.) and subsequently sold and/or distributed.
Mock-ups & Templates
- Mock-ups & Templates used to create End Products must be used with other design elements to create a distinctive new design that does not completely resemble the Mock-ups & Templates used. The original Mock-ups & Templates used to create the End Product cannot be extracted or separated by the customer when the End Product is being sold to the customer via electronic means. The customer is only permitted to use the said End Product, but not the original Mock-ups & Templates file.
- You are not allowed to share, resell or distribute Mock-ups & Templates on a standalone basis or include Mock-ups & Templates in the sale of template products (e.g. a website theme or logo template).
- Mock-ups & Templates shall only be used as a design element of an End Product. Mock-ups & Templates shall not be installed, embedded or integrated in any software, program, application etc. E.g. installing our Mock-ups & Templates into an application that allows You to select our Mock-ups & Templates to make Your own T-Shirt design is strictly prohibited.
To facilitate Your use of Content to Reproduce Licensed Works, You may also:
- Client Work: utilize Content to produce Licensed Works on behalf of clients (e.g., advertisements by a graphic designer).
- Procurement: obtain the License to Content on behalf of the client, provided the client is similarly fully subject to and bound by the terms of the License.
- Representative: obtain the License on behalf of Your employer, company, group or affiliate, provided such other party is similarly fully subject to and bound by the terms of the License.
- Subcontract: transfer Content obtained from the Site to Your subcontractors or employees temporarily to produce Licensed Works strictly on Your behalf, provided such other party abides by the restrictions in this License.
Other than as specifically permitted in paragraphs 7 and 8 herein, You may NOT:
Sublicense, sell or transfer any rights in License
- The rights in the License are personal to You.
- You may not transfer any rights in this License to third parties without TheHungryJPEG's consent.
Sell, share, license, assign or distribute the Content
- Conveyance of Content to third parties must always be where the Content has been incorporated into a Licensed Work.
- You must ensure that adequate technological measures are put in place in order that the Content may not be extracted / copied from Licensed Works by third parties.
- You must ensure that the Content is not included in an electronic form which can be reproduced by third parties on electronic or printed products.
- You must not share Content across a network or service, on a CD or DVD or any media, on mobile devices, in peer-to-peer file sharing site or applications or in any other way that enables Content to be accessed by any third party
Infringe TheHungryJPEG’s Intellectual Property Rights
- In connection with the Content / Licensed Work, You may not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights (e.g., copyright, design right or trademark) of any party.
- You must not remove any copyright notice, watermark, author attributions, legal notices, proprietary designations or other intellectual property information in any Content.
- You must not use the Content in any logo or as part of any trademark.
- You must not falsely represent, expressly or impliedly, that the Licensee is the original creator of a work that is either a standalone pictorial, graphic, motion picture or other visual work that derives a substantial part of its artistic components from the Content.
Extract Content Illegally
- You must not use methods other than those provided by TheHungryJPEG such as automated or programmatic means or methods to download Content from the Site.
Use Content Illegally or in a way that would bring TheHungryJPEG into disrepute
- You may not use Content in any way that violates any law, regulation or statute in any applicable jurisdiction.
- Content and Licensed Work may not be used in any way (by itself or with other content / context) that is pornographic, offensive, politically endorsing, racist, ethnically or culturally offensive, obscene or indecent, sexually explicit, immoral, defamatory, intrusive of privacy or illegal; or in a manner which endorses violence or acts of terrorism, adult entertainment services or venues, tobacco products, medical products for treating health issues related to sex, mental condition or terminal illness, dating site or apps, is discriminatory towards race, gender, religion, faith or sexual orientation.
Use Content to Derogate Persons / Property
- You may not use Content in connection with a subject that would be unflattering or unduly controversial to a reasonable person unless You accompany each use with a statement that clearly indicates that (i) the Content is being used for illustrative purposes only and (ii) any person depicted in the Content, if any, is a model.
- You may not imply that the creator of the Content endorses any political, immoral or offensive inclinations.
Resell Licensed Works
- Licensed Works and/or Content may not be used as a part of a physical item or template that is to be resold.
You understand and agree that TheHungryJPEG may, in its sole discretion:
- monitor anything you download from or upload to the Site, as frequently as TheHungryJPEG in its sole discretion determines, for any violation of this Agreement;
- limit downloads to a fixed amount of total downloads per 24 hour period, per User, as to ensure the best possible service to all TheHungryJPEG subscribers;
- track any abuse of Your username and password in connection with the Site or in connection with this Agreement;
- terminate Your account immediately if we detect You are using, or are trying to use any automated means to download Content; and
- terminate Your account, without notice, if it finds what TheHungryJPEG believes to be any violation of this Agreement and/or any abuse of Your username and password. If Your account is terminated for any violation of this Agreement and/or any abuse of a username or password, You shall lose all rights to TheHungryJPEG Content, must immediately delete all Content acquired from TheHungryJPEG, and forfeit all fees paid.
This License is effective until it is terminated. You can terminate this Agreement by:
- deleting and destroying all Content downloaded by You and in Your possession, and any Licensed Work(s), and copies / accompanying materials thereof; and
- ceasing to use the Content for any purpose.
TheHungryJPEG can terminate this Agreement without notice to You if You fail to comply with any of the terms and conditions of the Agreement. Upon such termination, You must immediately carry out paragraphs 11(a) and (b) above with or without further notice by TheHungryJPEG and confirm in writing to TheHungryJPEG that the foregoing requirements have been completed.
You agree that neither TheHungryJPEG nor their respective affiliates, nor any of their respective officers, directors, employees, owners, agents, representatives, licensors and (sub)licensees (other than You), shall be liable for any general, punitive, special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages or loss of profits or any other damages, costs or losses arising from any use or non-use of the Content even if such parties have been advised, or advised of the possibility, of such damages.
THE CONTENTS AND SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS, AS AVAILABLE, WITH ALL FAULTS" BASIS AND, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THIS LICENSE, NEITHER PARTY MAKES ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this License, You agree to fully defend, indemnify and hold TheHungryJPEG and its officers, directors, employees, owners, agents, representatives, licensors, and anyone else associated with TheHungryJPEG and each of their successors, (sub)licensees (other than You), and assigns free and harmless from any and all claims (including, without limitation, third party claims), liabilities, costs, losses, damages, or expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses, arising in connection with Your use of the Content and the Site or any breach or alleged breach of any representation, warranty, or other promise / obligation made by You in this License.
Provided that You have not breached the terms of this License, TheHungryJPEG agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold You harmless up to the Liability Cap (defined below). Such indemnification shall only apply to claims for damages directly attributable to TheHungryJPEG's breach of the warranties and representations in this Agreement, together with the expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees), arising out of or directly connected to any valid actual or threatened third party lawsuit, claim, or legal proceeding alleging that the possession, distribution, or use of unaltered Content downloaded and used by You pursuant to this Agreement violate TheHungryJPEG's warranties and representations contained herein. This indemnification is on the condition that You give TheHungryJPEG:
- no later than five (5) business days written notice from the date You know or reasonably should have known of the claim or threatened claim, where such notification must include all details of the claim then known to You and emailed to email@example.com, Attention: General Counsel;
- full information, assistance and cooperation for the defense or settlement thereof; and
- at TheHungryJPEG's option, sole control of any defense, settlement or action related thereto.
TheHungryJPEG shall not be responsible for any claim settled without TheHungryJPEG's consent or any legal fees and/or other costs incurred prior to receiving complete notification of the claim as provided herein.
TheHungryJPEG's maximum aggregate obligation and liability to You for all claims (assessed collectively) under paragraph 14 shall be limited to Twenty-Five ThousandUnited States Dollars (US$25,000.00) or the total amount of the license fees paid by You for the Content whichever the lower ("Liability Cap").
You shall be entitled to license the Content at the rates and/or pricing as per check out. This rate and/or pricing may be reviewed and amended by TheHungryJPEG from time to time, in its sole discretion.
The representations and the warranties made by TheHungryJPEG in this Agreement apply only to the Content as delivered by TheHungryJPEG and will be invalid if the Content is used by You in any manner not specifically authorized in this Agreement or if You are otherwise in breach of this Agreement.
Governing Law and Dispute Resolution.
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Singapore, without regard to the conflict of laws principles.
All disputes arising out of or in connection with the performance of this Agreement shall be settled through friendly negotiations. If the parties are unable to resolve any such dispute within thirty (30) days after the commencement of negotiations, the parties agree that the dispute shall be settled by arbitration in Singapore under the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC”) administered SIAC Arbitration Rules in force when the notice of arbitration is submitted in accordance with these Rules. The number of arbitrator shall be one (1). The language of the arbitration shall be English. The arbitral award shall be final and binding upon both parties.
You acknowledge and agree that any breach of any covenant, representations and warranties contained in this Agreement would cause irreparable injury to TheHungryJPEG such that damages and remedies under Singapore Law for any breach of any such covenant would be inadequate. You further acknowledge and agree that the arbitral tribunal may order any interim measure it deems necessary or proper in accordance with the applicable laws of Singapore, including without limitation, any injunctive or enjoining procedural orders or interlocutory awards.
The parties are independent contractors and no employment, agency, or joint venture is created hereunder. This Agreement, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder may not be transferred or assigned by You but may be assigned by TheHungryJPEG without restriction.
No Third Party Rights.
Any person who is not a party to this Agreement (whether or not such person is named, referred to, or otherwise identified, or shall form part of a class of persons so named, referred to or identified, in this Agreement) shall have no right whatsoever to enforce this Agreement or any of its terms.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between You and TheHungryJPEG regarding its subject matter and supersedes any previous written or oral agreement between You and TheHungryJPEG. Should any provision of this Agreement be held to be void or invalid, that fact will not affect any other provision, and the remainder of this Agreement will be construed to most closely give effect to the parties' intention. Failure by either party to enforce any provision of this Agreement will not be deemed a waiver of future enforcement of that or any other provision.
This Agreement is written in English with a reference translation in another language (if necessary). In the event of any conflict in interpreting or construing the terms of this Agreement, the English version shall prevail.
You have agreed and reaffirm Your agreement to this License electronically by downloading the Content.
Last Updated: June 9 2022