a) What are Cookies and how do they work?
Cookies are small bits of text that are downloaded to the devices you use to receive our content, products and services and access online information (“Cookies”). Your browser makes these Cookies available every time you visit the website again, so it can recognise you and can then tailor what you see on your device.
TheHungryJPEG uses the following Cookies on this Website:
a) Session Cookies and Persistent Cookies
- Session Cookies are temporary cookie files that reset after you close your browser. The Website will not recognize you when you restart your browser and go back to the site that created the cookie. Session Cookies will store your browsing information and are active only from the moment you open the site until you leave it and close your browser.
- Persistent Cookies (known also as “stored Cookies”) are files that are stored on your hard drive when you visit the Website. The cookie will remain on your hard drive until it reaches expiration date.
b) First-party Cookies and Third-party Cookies
- First-party Cookies are those set by the Website that is being visited. Third-party Cookies are Cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user.
- TheHungryJPEG uses third-party analytics Cookies that allow us to improve our Website and services, through the analysis of the users’ activity.
- TheHungryJPEG uses third-party marketing Cookies in order to monitor your browsing activity on the Website.
b) What are Cookies for?
i. Strictly Necessary Cookies
The use is essential for the basic functions of the Website or to provide the content, product or service which is requested by you.
If these Cookies are not in place, the requested content, products or services asked for will not be able to be provided.
An example of this would be keeping yourself logged in after you have signed up to an account with us. If the Cookies are not provided you will need to log in during each visit.
ii. Functionality Cookies
The use improves your browsing experience.
Functionality Cookies allow the Website to remember preferences and choices you make, such as your language or region.
Some examples include but are not limited to the below:
- • remembering your marketing and advertising preferences, such as choosing whether you wish to receive marketing and advertising information;
- • remembering if you have been to the Website before.
iii. Third-party Analytics Cookies (Google Analytics)
iv. Advertising and marketing Cookies
We may allow our business partners to use Advertising Cookies or other similar technologies on the Website to serve you with advertisement that may be relevant to you or your interests.
Marketing Cookies aim at creating profiles of the users and thereby to send advertising messages in line with the preferences shown by the users during their navigation on the Website and/or other websites and applications. Such preferences derive from the analysis of the behaviour of users to build a profile which is combined with the cookie in order to allow adds and advertisements to be tailored to the user’s presumed preferences or other targeted contents. The information is collected by referencing to the Internet Protocol address (IP) of the users, so they do not identify you personally, even if they may include information about the country and city you are in, together with the details of your internet service provider.
The information collected may include users’ behaviour, such as pages visited, emails clicked, forms completed, and products and services purchased to create customized advertisements and communications that better meet your needs, as well as to compile activity reports.
Third-party analytics Cookies and marketing Cookies can be installed only with your prior consent. You may give your consent and accept the Cookies through the banner displayed in the homepage of our Website. In the event you do not accept third-party analytics Cookies and marketing Cookies, this does not mean you will stop seeing advertisements but you will see advertisements which will not be relevant or targeted to you based on your browsing behaviour.
Your prior consent is not mandatory for the use of strictly necessary and functionality Cookies since they are considered “technical Cookies”. At any time, you may disable Cookies by changing your browser’s settings. As technical Cookies allow you to access some of our Website’s features, you should be aware that if these Cookies are disabled, you may experience reduced functionality or be prevented from using this Website.
As to Google Analytics Cookies, you can opt out using the tool made available by Google at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You can find here below the links to the instructions of the most common browsers:
• Internet Explorer
Last updated: 08 March 2019