Introducing King Basil (formerly known as Spiffy McGee, before he ascended to the throne), a script font with 421 glyphs, including A-Z, a-z, 0-9, tons of punctuation, 24 ligature sets, 163 accented characters, entry swash alternates for all uppercase and lowercase letters, exit swash alternates for all lowercase characters ... this sucker has a ton of features!
All characters were hand-drawn on paper (with a Tombow brush pen), then scanned and imported, then the vectors were cleaned up and smoothed.
King Basil Full Version includes:
- OTF and TTF file formats
- Uppercase characters A-Z
- Lowercase characters a-z
- Numbers 0-9; Full punctuation
- Entry swash alternates for uppercase A-Z and lowercase a-z (mapped to Swash option, and also included in a separate "King-Basil-Left" file)
- Exit swash alternates for lowercase a-z (mapped to Stylistic Alternates option, and also included in a separate "King-Basil-Right" file)
- 15 double-letter ligatures (mapped as ligatures, and also included in a separate "King-Basil-Doubles" file)
- 163 accented characters
- All characters accessible through character map / PUA encoded
Note: This font is formerly known as Spiffy McGee.
Update, April 8, 2017: By popular demand, I've added in alternate versions of T and F. They can be found as Stylistic Alternates in the main King Basil file (if your software is OpenType friendly) or via Character Map/Font Book. There are also now alternates of T and F with the swashes in the King Basil Left file. (Same deal - OpenType accessible as Stylistic Alternates, or grab 'em from Character Map/Font Book.
Update: January 10, 2018: By request, I've added in an alternate to the lowercase r, with a short stroke leading in. It's a more natural option when a word begins with r.