FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is TheHungryJPEG and where are you based?
Founded in November 2014, TheHungryJPEG is a leading website that sells high quality design resources at affordable prices. We have thousands of passionate designers selling fonts, graphics packs, templates and design files to a global community of creatives. We were founded in the United Kingdom but we serve a global market while currently based in the Netherlands.
2. How are you related to Inmagine Group?
TheHungryJPEG is a subsidiary of Inmagine Group that also owns 123RF, Pixlr, Designs.net, Stockunlimited, CraftBundles, Story & Heart, Vectr and EasyDesign. TheHungryJPEG is registered under 123RF Europe B.V. in the Netherlands.
1. How can I reset my password?
In order to reset your password, you simply have to click on the ‘Forgot Password’ button from the same login pop-up window. A default password will then be sent to your email. Once you have logged in to your account with that default password, don’t forget to update your password in the Settings tab.
2. I tried to reset my password and it didn’t work. What should I do?
If you can’t locate the reset password email, be sure to check all categories of your inbox such as Promotions, Updates and even your Spam box.
If the default password didn’t work for you, here are some things you can try that might help:
- Be sure to open the latest reset password email as you may have clicked on “Forgot Password” more than once.
- Copy and paste the default password for accuracy.
- Do not use CAPS or any unnecessary spaces.
- Double check your login email for any typos.
If you’re still unable to reset your password and log in to your account, you can write to us here and we’ll gladly assist you.
3. Where can I find my purchased products?
First, log in to your account on our site. Then, go to Purchases tab which is located on the top right corner of your screen (the little cloud icon with an arrow). You can view all of your products/purchases there and download them using the “Download” button next to each one. :)
4. How do I contact a store owner about an item?
If you have any questions about a product you have purchased, you can contact the store owner by clicking on the icon in the specific product page.
5. Can I buy expired bundles?
Unfortunately, the answer is no. :( We receive permission from the designers included in each bundle to sell their work for an agreed period of time. Once this expires, we can no longer offer the bundles, as much as we would like to. We still host the expired bundles on the site for those who have purchased them that might want to download the bundle again as per our lifetime download policy. However, do note that we release a new bundle every week. We might do a flashback sale campaign, but that only happens on very special occasions.
6. What kind of file types are good for crafting? Where can I get more craft-friendly designs?
That would be SVG and DXF files, depending on which cutting machine you are using. On our website, we have a special Crafters category where you can find SVG/DXF cutting files and SVG/DXF images. But if you are looking for more craft-friendly designs packed in amazing bundles, do pay our sister site CraftBundles.com a visit; a website only full of amazing SVG/DXF cut files. They have some awesome freebies too. ;)
7. What are PUA encoded fonts?
PUA stands for “Private Use Areas”. When a font is PUA encoded, it basically means that all the additional characters, glyphs and swirls can be 100% accessed in all programs including Mac, Windows, Silhouette Studio and Cricut Design Space.
Fonts that are not PUA encoded or 100% accessible will still work in Silhouette Studio and Cricut Design Space, but only with the standard characters. However, the additional characters will then only be accessible on programs such as Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Corel Draw X6 - X7.
Here is a handy guide on how to access all additional characters in PUA encoded fonts.
1. I can’t seem to download/locate my files after making a payment for my purchase. Can you help me?
Once a purchase has been made with your account, you will be able to download it as many times as you like just by logging into your account on TheHungryJPEG.com and locating the Purchases icon . If you are having trouble locating your purchases, be sure to type in the right keywords in the search bar on top right or scroll through the pages in your purchase history.
If you are paying through PayPal, there could be the occasional delay from PayPal to our website to receive a token confirming your purchase from PayPal. This token is required to recognise your purchase and permit you to download the file. If this happens, please wait 15 minutes before trying to download again.
2. Why does it take more than an hour to download my bundle?
This could sometimes be due to a slower internet connection with the bulk download. If the situation does not improve, please screenshot your error messages (if any) and contact us for assistance and for an alternative link to download your bundles.
3. My fonts seem to be broken or cut-off when I open them up in my program. Why is that?
If the font was installed successfully into your computer, this might be due to a program specific issue. Here is a guide that might be useful to you.
4. The font I purchased stated that it came with additional swirls etc. When I type out the font, I can't see these swirls. What do I need to do?
If the font is PUA encoded/100% accessible, you may refer to this guide on how to access the additional characters of a font.
If the font is not PUA encoded/100% accessible, additional Characters for this font are only accessible via Open Type Features. This requires programs such as Adobe Illustrator, InDesign or Corel X6 - X7.
5. I can’t get my fonts to load/install into my program.
You cannot open font files directly into programs, or install them directly into programs. There is only one way to install fonts and that is through your computer (see guides below). Once you have installed a font on your computer, you should be able to access these fonts in your fonts menu of all programs.
5a. How do I install a font on a Mac computer?
- Open the folder you received from our website.
- Then, locate the OTF or TTF files for the font or fonts you wish to install and double click on one of the two.
- After doing so this will open up a program called Font Book. When prompted click "Install". Give up to 30 seconds to allow your computer to load the installation.
- Please note, some programs may need to be restarted in order to show newly installed fonts.
- If you see an error message when trying to install the font, don’t be alarmed. Sometimes Mac computers do not register the complicated textures/swirls of a font. All you need to do is click on “Select All Fonts” and then select “Install Checked”.
5b. How do I install a font on a Windows computer?
- Download the purchased font files onto your computer, ensuring you have saved them in an accessible location for easy access.
- Next, click your “Start” button (located on the bottom left hand corner of the screen).
- Click Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Fonts. This will show you all of your currently installed fonts.
- Begin installation by clicking “File” and then “Install New Fonts”. Once the popup opens, locate the font you wish to install and click on either the OTF or TTF file. Give your computer up to 30 seconds to allow for installation.
- Please note that some older computers may need to restart in order for the newly installed fonts to show up in your chosen programs.
Here is a detailed guide on how to install fonts into your computer.
6. How do I open an EPS file?
There are a few applications that you can use to open and edit your EPS file:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Silhouette Studio® Business Edition
7. How do I open an SVG file?
There are a few vector graphics editor that you can use to open and edit your SVG file:
- Silhouette Studio® Designer Edition or higher
- Serif DrawPlus
- CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7; PaintShop Pro X7
- Adobe (Illustrator CC, Flash Player 1, Flash Professional CC, InDesign CC)
8. How do I go about unzipping your product files?
All of our product files are delivered in .ZIP files in order to save space and keep multiple files together for easy access.
You can unzip a file by following these steps:
For Windows PC:
To extract a single file or folder:
- Double-click the compressed folder to open it.
- Then, drag the file or folder from the compressed folder to a new location.
To extract the entire contents of the compressed folder:
- Right-click the folder.
- Click “Extract All”.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Double click the .zip file, then search for the product folder or product file. If you lack the programs to unzip files on your computer, we recommend installing 7-Zip. or WinZip.
1. I cannot see my purchase in my account. What should I do?
Due to the occasional PayPal issues/delay, we might not have received the verification of payment on our system yet. Give it 15 mins. If you still do not see your purchase in your account, please check if you have received the invoice via email as all successful transactions would include an invoice.
If the transaction has not gone through, it could be due to the following reasons:
- Your bank has not approved the purchase and is withholding the funds.
- Payment was declined and is still being held by your bank.
- The Credit Card system is experiencing some down time.
- There might be a delay in getting a token confirmation from the payment gateway via PayPal. Please wait 15 minutes and see if your purchase appears in your purchase history.
2. My password is not working / The default password for my password reset is not working.
Click on “Forgot Password” on the login popup for a new default password to log in to your account. If your default password does not work, this might be due to multiple clicks on the “Forgot Password” button. In this case, make sure you use the default password in the latest email sent to you.
Sometimes, password reset emails get sent to your SPAM folder too. So, do keep an eye out for it in your SPAM box if you can’t find it in your mailbox.
3. How can I get an invoice/receipt for my purchase?
Go to the Purchases tab which is located on the top right corner of your screen (the little cloud icon with an arrow).
In your Purchases section, you will see an invoice button next to each of your purchases. Just click on it and your invoice will start downloading. However, please ensure you have filled in your personal/business information on Settings prior to downloading the invoice.
4. How can I delete my account or merge multiple accounts?
If you’d like to delete your account or merge multiple accounts created by you, please contact us with the necessary details and we will help you out.
5. What are the different payment methods available to purchase your products?
You can purchase our products using a credit/debit card or via PayPal.
6. Are there any charges upon purchasing your products?
A processing fee of $1 applies to purchases at a total of $3 and below. Please note, refunded purchases will not include processing fees paid.
Why am I being charged a processing fee?
The $1 fee will go towards offsetting the processing costs involved per payment transaction, allowing us to continue ensuring a safe and secure checkout process for you.
7. Do I need to pay VAT when I purchase your products?
- TheHungryJPEG.com is owned by 123RF Europe B.V., a Netherlands registered company. As a member of the EU state, we are legally obliged to charge VAT to any customer based in the EU who cannot provide a valid EU VAT Identification Number.
- Due to our legal registration and residence within the Netherlands, any purchases from the Netherlands are liable to pay VAT at the relevant Netherlands rate.
- If you are based in the United States, you do not have to pay VAT.
- If you are based anywhere else that requires you to input your VAT ID, ensure you input it correctly before checking out to avoid paying that extra charge!
8. I can’t input my VAT number upon my check-out?
If you receive a message stating that your VAT number is invalid, try adding a “space” before the number code.
1. What is the difference between a Commercial License and your Complete License?
2. Can I use purchased Items for Commercial projects?
Yes, our Complete License covers commercial use. However, some rules apply:
Fonts: You can use your purchased fonts to create quotes and sayings on End Products, but you may not convert the entire alphabet and numerical characters.
Graphics: You are not allowed to use the graphic as-is in creating End Products for sale. You will need to ensure that the graphic has been combined with other graphic/font elements to create a significantly new design as a flattened End Product. Think of it this way, end products must not be used or sold in a way that is directly competitive with the original item you purchased.
Patterns: You may use purchased patterns as-is on physical End Products for sale.
Craft Files: Craft / cut files may only be used as-is, on physical End Products for sale.
3. Can I use my purchased Items in multiple Projects?
Purchased Items can be used in up to 10 Projects for commercial use. (There’s no limit if you’re using for personal use!)
‘Project’ refers to an undertaking of creating End Products for yourself or a client under a single concept which are completed within the same deadline.
Creating a customised Christmas design for a customer using elements from a purchased graphics pack, which is then printed onto four types of end products (a t-shirt, bag, book and mug), would be considered as one Project.
This does not apply to installable items (such as fonts, add-ons and actions) which can be used an unlimited number of times, and craft files which are limited to 10 different types of End Products.
4. How many End Products am I allowed to produce?
You can run unlimited prints for End Products created with Fonts and Graphics within our licensing terms.
Craft/cut files are subject to a limit of 10 different types of End Products, but you can produce an unlimited quantity of each type of End Product.
5. Does the ‘Complete License’ cover the monthly bundles as well?
Yes, all of our monthly/weekly bundles, except for permanent freebies (unless otherwise stated) are all covered by our Complete License.
6. Hey, I realise you sell Items in Bundles. Does that mean I can only use the Bundle for up to 10 Projects?
No. One Bundle may consist of various Items. For Bundles, you shall have the right to use each Items up to 10 Projects. Therefore, when you purchase a Bundle, the 10 Project limit rule applies to each Item instead of the whole Bundle.
7. Can I use purchased items to create a design to be uploaded on Print-On-Demand sites?
You may create a design with purchased fonts and graphics (non-craft files) and subsequently upload them on POD sites for sale, as long as it is significantly different from the original design.
However, craft files are created purely for the end user and are strictly not allowed to be uploaded to any POD sites.
8. If I am a designer, am I allowed to upload my own license?
9. Do I have to credit the original designer?
No, it is not a must to credit the original designer or our site, but it is very much welcomed and appreciated! :)
10. Can I digitise your fonts for embroidery purposes?
Yes, this is alright if you are planning to just digitize words, names, quotes, or sayings, but you are not allowed to digitize the entire alphabetical letters (i.e. A to Z) and/or numerical digits (i.e. 0 to 9).
11. Can I convert your website templates to a HTML website for a client?
Yes, you can. However, you do not have the rights to resell, or give other clients the same HTML website you created for the previous client.
For further clarification, please check out the full terms of our Complete License.
1. How can I become one of your affiliate partners?
You can apply to become one of our affiliates using this link.
The approval process typically takes 2-3 working days. Once accepted, you will earn 20% in referral fee for bundles and 10% referral fees for marketplace products sold. The referral fees will be paid out by the 5th of every new month. The cut off date will be on the last day of the month.
2. What should I promote as one of your affiliates?
Many of our affiliates like to promote our weekly bundles/Flash Sale Friday packs as they are the best deals on our site at over 90% OFF each bundle. Alternatively, you can also start small by promoting our permanent/weekly freebies as this is always a favourite among many.
3. Where can I promote your products?
Many of our affiliates share deals and promotions on our website via blog posts, social media posts and newsletter blasts.
4. How do I get paid as an affiliate?
Your earnings are automatically paid out around the 5th of every month to your PayPal account. The cut off date will be on the last day of the month.
5. Is there a payment threshold for affiliates to receive payouts?
Effective on January 1st, 2018, there is a $10 minimum earning threshold for payouts.
Any payment below the threshold are left dormant in an account unless it reaches the minimum threshold amount.
6. Is there a cookies period for my affiliate link? If so, how long do my cookies last?
Yes, the cookies period for your affiliate link will last for 30 days, meaning that you will receive a commission for each purchase a customer makes within 30 days of them clicking on your link. This only applies if the customer has not clicked on a different affiliate’s link within those 30 days.
1. How do I open a store on TheHungryJPEG.com?
To open a store on the site, submit your details here.
Please allow our team around 2-3 days to review your store application. Please also ensure that you provide us with your portfolio/online store link in order to facilitate the process of reviewing your store application.
2. What is the percentage I earn as a store owner?
Once you open a store with us and start selling your products, you will earn 70% of every sale you make. However, note that the percentage differs for products participating in our weekly bundles.
3. How do I get paid as a store owner?
Your earnings are automatically paid out around the 5th of every month. The cut off date will be on the last day of the month. However, if you participate in one of our bundles, you will receive your earnings 10 days after the bundle expires.
You can also choose to have your earnings paid out via Paypal or Payoneer. Your payment details can be updated via Payout Information under Settings.
Important! If you are a Payoneer user, you will need to contact us to connect you to our Payoneer account to receive payment.
4. Is there a payment threshold for sellers to receive payouts?
Effective on January 1st, 2018, there is a minimum earning threshold for payouts:
- Paypal: $10
- Payoneer: $20
- Any payment below the threshold are left dormant in an account unless it reaches the minimum threshold amount.20
5. How can I be included in your bundle?
We are always on the lookout for amazing content to bring to our community. To be considered as part of our bundle, you can email us at email@example.com. Our content curation team will then review your products based on its quality and relevance to TheHungryJPEG’s target audience.
6. How do I put my products in the ‘$1 deals category’?
If you want your products to appear in the ‘$1 deals’ category, just set the price of your products to $1.
7. How do I list my products as a permanent/weekly freebie on the site?
You can’t give freebies in your own store. However, if you want your products listed on our freebie pages, please drop us a message here and we will review your freebie. Once approved, we will make arrangements to list it under our freebies section on our website and we will respond to you via email with an update.
8. Why do you only accept .ZIP files when uploading products to the site?
We only accept .ZIP files because it is the most commonly used compression file format. Another reason why we do not accept other file formats such as .RAR files is because some computers are not able to open certain file formats without a third party program.
9. What is the best size I should use for my preview images?
Our recommended preview image size is 1160x772 pixels. Remember. first impressions matter! So do make sure you’ve selected images that best showcase your product, and that all key details are visible within your previews.
10. How do I set my primary preview image?
If you’ve uploaded more than one preview image and you wish to select one of them as your primary (it’s the first one customers see), all you need to do is click it and drag it across to the first preview image slot. (See example below)
11. How do I add a watermark to my preview images?
Once you’ve uploaded your preview images, click on the “watermark” button visible on the top left of your image, as below:
12. Is there an upload limit for my product file? If so, what is it?
Yes there is. You can upload up to 1GB of your product file. If your product file is larger than 1GB, you need to upload your product onto a third-party storage provider such as Dropbox or Google Drive and include the download URL in a written file. The written file containing the download URL file must be archived in a .ZIP folder and then subsequently uploaded to the site.